Looking for someone to tig weld in a Chromoly cage - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Car Specific Forums > Ford Discussions

Old 03-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
03yellowSVT
I love Boost

03yellowSVT is on a distinguished road
Looking for someone to tig weld in a Chromoly cage
I am looking to have a 10point chromoly cage put in my car...anyone on here recommend someone who has either done this before or can tig well enough to put one in my car?
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
ftblplyr46
CSS adict

ftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really niceftblplyr46 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to ftblplyr46
I think that one kid can do it, he is putting one in his car currently. He goes to Wyotech, so he must be pretty good.
ftblplyr46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350
We can do it at Rigid Race cars. We've done a ton of cages/turbo setups/ etc etc etc in fox mustangs. Is it a pre bent and notched cage that you just want welded in? We can build you a custom bent and designed cage also. LMK if you want some pictures of past work.
dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
sxShep
Hamster Assassin

sxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to beholdsxShep is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sxShep
https://cincystreetscene.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=58730
Old 03-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
rigid does very very quality work
Wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hot Rod
Rigid x3
Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
qwksl2t
Banned, bitch.

qwksl2t is infamous around these partsqwksl2t is infamous around these partsqwksl2t is infamous around these partsqwksl2t is infamous around these partsqwksl2t is infamous around these partsqwksl2t is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxShep View Post
holy ass batman, those welds look like goatse.
qwksl2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Also, if jimssvt still does them, his work looks awesome.

9.7@139.5 with the v6

Update: Turbo LSbandwagon build in process
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #9
03yellowSVT
I love Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
We can do it at Rigid Race cars. We've done a ton of cages/turbo setups/ etc etc etc in fox mustangs. Is it a pre bent and notched cage that you just want welded in? We can build you a custom bent and designed cage also. LMK if you want some pictures of past work.
Id love to see some examples? Looking for a quote right now, I have found a price on just the cage alone but it may be better if a shop can bend onsite to make sure the fit will be the best. Would like to look into some removable door bars as the plan is to keep this car a street car and not have someone complain everytime they have to jump over the door bar to get in.
03yellowSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
Hot Rod
The Emperor

Hot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to beholdHot Rod is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hot Rod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03yellowSVT View Post
Id love to see some examples? Looking for a quote right now, I have found a price on just the cage alone but it may be better if a shop can bend onsite to make sure the fit will be the best. Would like to look into some removable door bars as the plan is to keep this car a street car and not have someone complain everytime they have to jump over the door bar to get in.
That's what Rigid is known for, making custom cages. They do anything from roll bars to complete chassis. Pre-order cages are for the birds.

Here's K-does roll bar
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #11
03yellowSVT
I love Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
Pre-order cages are for the birds.
I would agree with that....Just looking to put something in that I can grow into, rather then put an 8 pt in and have to go back and retro it, just go 10 to start out with. That should take care of my plans for my car.

Very nice picture, and some great work it looks like!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #12
Wheelin

Wheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really niceWheelin is just really nice
jim does good work too....but rigid has done sme bad ass 25.2 25.5 chassis
Old 03-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #13
dsmawd350
6.x liter

dsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to beholddsmawd350 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to dsmawd350

dsmawd350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #14
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Did rigid do daves gn? If so, rigids work is nice.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #15
Kevin Doe
Kevin Knows

Kevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to beholdKevin Doe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Doe
I can't say for sure, but Dave stopped up a few times to bullshit with Rob when I was there getting my roll bar done. I'd almost venture a yes?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #16
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

I know they built hus headers. Not sure on the rest.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
Wheelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
Did rigid do daves gn? If so, rigids work is nice.
fiscus??? i believe he did....he was up there when i was up there

Racing from a roll is like beating off...sure its fun but its not the real thing.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #18
03yellowSVT
I love Boost

Where is Rigid located?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #19
Qwk
1,000 posts club

Qwk is a jewel in the roughQwk is a jewel in the roughQwk is a jewel in the roughQwk is a jewel in the roughQwk is a jewel in the roughQwk is a jewel in the roughQwk is a jewel in the roughQwk is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
Also, if jimssvt still does them, his work looks awesome.
Jim does very nice work, gets stuff in and knocked out quick.

Rob does nice work also.
Qwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #20
03yellowSVT
I love Boost

Never did find out where Rigid is located...and cant get a hold of Jim...putting out the call. Getting started on the car and will be doing this soon.