Need someone who can weld! [Archive] - Cincy Street Scene

: Need someone who can weld!

Rehab
07-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Looking for someone or a shop that can weld. I am asking because I am restoring an old e30 bmw and the door is rusted through. I purchased a new door but the trim doesn't match so i want to cut the metal from my spare door I have and get someone to weld it onto the door currently on the car. I will be painting it myself I just need the weld work done for me. It would be a 2' x 6" piece of metal.

cincySVT
07-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Looking for someone or a shop that can weld. I am asking because I am restoring an old e30 bmw and the door is rusted through. I purchased a new door but the trim doesn't match so i want to cut the metal from my spare door I have and get someone to weld it onto the door currently on the car. I will be painting it myself I just need the weld work done for me. It would be a 2' x 6" piece of metal.

I didnt know there was two types of trims? Are you referring to the plastic trip mid door?

CivicB18B
07-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Pm'd

Rehab
07-09-2012, 11:29 AM
I didnt know there was two types of trims? Are you referring to the plastic trip mid door?

No, there is a chrome trim and a black trim on e30s. i am talking about the bit that goes up the pillars and along the edge where the door meets the window. did you get an e30?