Anyone know how to megasquirt a KA24DE? [Archive] - Cincy Street Scene

: Anyone know how to megasquirt a KA24DE?

Redtop_sil40
08-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I have a 1995 Ka24de, Yes im megasquirting it and I have it all wired up but the ignition. has anyone ever tried/got their KA running on it using the distributor that has the coil built in? or did you go with a different ignition system?

Jesse
08-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Just wondering why you went with megasquirt? I'm guessing you're fimilar with it? There are a couple other much easier solutions as long as your S14 is a 95. Sorry I can't help, running a calum realtime ecu in my ka24det.

Redtop_sil40
08-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I know how to use their software mainly.. and the only other one that i know of was nistune. so how good is the software/tune you run? also you wouldnt happen to have any base maps would you? lol

blundar
08-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Most of the people who run megasquirt do so because either A. they are really familiar with it or B. there isn't anything else of any quality for their OEM setups or C. Their OEM setup sucks balls.

So again, I have to ask why you're bothering with megasquirt when you have a sane, well-documented factory MAF system that doesn't suck?

Redtop_sil40
09-03-2009, 12:32 AM
well its different.. dont bash me because I wanted to be different... anyways, it has power,the fuel pump and injectors fire. i wired it up to use the stock CAS and it isnt reading any rpm signal, so if anyone knows how to get that to work my car will run. im using the 2 white wires from the CAS reference

sohcthunder
09-03-2009, 12:53 AM
well its different.. dont bash me because I wanted to be different... anyways, it has power,the fuel pump and injectors fire. i wired it up to use the stock CAS and it isnt reading any rpm signal, so if anyone knows how to get that to work my car will run. im using the 2 white wires from the CAS reference

No offense, but that was about the dumbest thing you could've said to back up your reason as to why you used it. :out:

Why not use something that WORKS, instead of dicking with something you don't have a clue how to use?

Being different > Running car.... I guess. :lol:

Jesse
09-03-2009, 08:19 AM
My bad I just saw this, basically I just sent my ecu off to calum had him do his thing he sent it back, he emailed me a .bin for my setup... 370cc, n60, t25, I loaded that on the computer and it has been running fine ever since. I don't get any detonation on my knocklite, and my afr are good. I was going to have dave tune it last year, but I couldn't get ahold of him so I just put it in and drove it, everything seemed to be good. It was well worth the money spent. Now I just need to do a few things and get it tuned.

Redtop_sil40
09-03-2009, 10:35 AM
i can still run on the stock ecu so I can work on it and then drive it when i need. to. i didnt splice into my main harness. i have a boomsling.

so if someone could help me by telling me which wires i should wire up to get spark that would help... i mean from the Factory ECU anyways.

http://www.s-chassis.com/resources/wiki/images/a/a7/Ecu_95_240sx.jpg

that should help.