what should I do? [Archive] - Cincy Street Scene

: what should I do?

240sxgirlracer
12-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Okay so my 99 blazer is a pos with 210k and I know this is a pos but its our only family car. Here is the situation I still owe 1700 on the pos. The motor just went out; but this is what I replaced since I got it in Feb; exhaust, fuse box, wiper motor, wiper arm, alternater, starter, axel, water pump, belt, battery, breaks, normal mile tune up, oil changes. Cheapest motor is 800 bucks low miles now I kno the next thing to go Is the trans because it shifts hard when its hot, my question is should I let it go back and hurt my credit, try get new car or fix it?

whitedime
12-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Trade that shit in. With the shape the car dealerships are in as of late you will get a good deal regardless and not have to worry about it.

You are dumb for even thinking about letting them reposes it. Do you have any idea on the long term effect that has on your credit?

240sxgirlracer
12-12-2008, 02:27 AM
You gotta understand my credit is kinda shot my son was born with a medical condition and his medical bills last time I checked 800k. I also didn't know how bad it was on credit that's why I posted the question and situation. So please don't flame me. The blazer is through a loan company and I tried trading it in nobody wants it.I assume I'm just going to let it chill at my dads shop till I get two grand to fix it.

Fent
12-12-2008, 02:31 AM
You gotta understand my credit is kinda shot my son was born with a medical condition and his medical bills last time I checked 800k.The blazer is through a loan company and I tried trading it in nobody wants it.I assume I'm just going to let it chill at my dads shop till I get two grand to fix it.

Dang, that sucks.

Where did you get it?

240sxgirlracer
12-12-2008, 02:37 AM
I made the mistake when I was preg we went looking for a cheap car. So I went to jd byrider ( again don't flame me) they sold my account to a loan company. I know I get what I pay for.

Fent
12-12-2008, 02:52 AM
I made the mistake when I was preg we went looking for a cheap car. So I went to jd byrider ( again don't flame me) they sold my account to a loan company. I know I get what I pay for.

Ah!, I knew it was going to be that lol (no offense)

I have heard so many bad things about them!

Someone was telling me about when they were a bill collector how they would have to repo all kinds of JD Byrider cars because they sold so many terrible cars (so they said).

Again, no offense hope it works out for you.

240sxgirlracer
12-12-2008, 08:35 AM
They are a joke but its okay.

Roca Fella Bryan
12-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Is this thing under full coverage insurance? Drive it out to rural Indiana, strip it down and set it on fire.

Be sure to report it stolen two days before this occurs however. Other than that, you have no other options aside from finding someone to buy it, paying it off, or finding someone to take it for a trade. As Kent said, long term wise you'd be better off just paying for a nice driveway ornament then letting it get repossessed and screwing up your credit even more.

sxShep
12-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Is this thing under full coverage insurance? Drive it out to rural Indiana, strip it down and set it on fire.

Be sure to report it stolen two days before this occurs however. Other than that, you have no other options aside from finding someone to buy it, paying it off, or finding someone to take it for a trade. As Kent said, long term wise you'd be better off just paying for a nice driveway ornament then letting it get repossessed and screwing up your credit even more.

Aside from her dilemma right now with having bad credit, being stuck with a p.o.s. car and being short of money to fix it, I really doubt adding criminal charges to the mix is something she should be considering lol

JuicedH22
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM
put an ls1 in it...

Roca Fella Bryan
12-12-2008, 10:03 AM
^^ Or that.

JuicedH22
12-12-2008, 10:03 AM

Be sure to report it stolen two days before this occurs however.

I hope to god that was a joke....:skep:

Roca Fella Bryan
12-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I hope to god that was a joke....:skep:

It was.

JuicedH22
12-12-2008, 10:06 AM
It was.

Good....

<---- You wouldnt want THAT guy knocking at your door to question you on insurance fraud.

HONDUH
12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Good....

<---- You wouldnt want THAT guy knocking at your door to question you on insurance fraud.

LOLOLOLOLOL I would shit my pants.

NDuggs
12-12-2008, 11:04 AM

My buddy lives in San Diego and he hears of people doing that shit all the time. He says they take off everything that has value, take it to the middle of the desert, set it on fire, and report it stolen. He said it works fairly well haha.

240sxgirlracer
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't even try but my fiancee suggested the swap ls1. Ha it would be funny

Roca Fella Bryan
12-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't even try but my fiancee suggested the swap ls1. Ha it would be funny

How about the burning of the vehicle in rural Indiana after you report it stolen? What did he think of that suggestion?

Blue99fbody
12-12-2008, 03:21 PM
a you can get another 4.3 for like 400 look around even if it has 100k, you just got 200k out of the one you had.

edit just looked on ebay and there are a ton of them on there, or go get an auto and rv mag and go to the salvage section and call everyone of those places and i gaurantee you to find one cheap

240sxgirlracer
12-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Hmmm never thought of that thanks for everyones imput.

SmokinSrt
12-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah chevy ahs been using the 4.3 for a long time, its a great motor an was used in trucks, cars, vans almost anything.

t2_glh
12-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Jd byrider is great if its your only option. I've been there and they helped me out. They rape you on the price and the interest rate is too high, but pay it off! After we payed ours off we could walk into any new car dealer a get a loan. They are not the best, but when you are digging out of a hole....pay it off and fix it when you can. Check craigslist and find a pos to drive.