08 bikes [Archive] - Cincy Street Scene

: 08 bikes

notworthy
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
:biggrin5: i dont know how many of you keep up with the newly released or redesigned bikes but just this week ive seen more ugly junk then any other time at work
best example is suzuki's new gsr650f its taking place of the gs500f and its ugly and a pain in the ass to work on.. if i could figure out how to get pics from my cell phone online i would get you guys some pics of the newly released for 08 junk

ftblplyr46
01-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Just email the pics to yourself.

R/T
01-03-2008, 10:21 PM
The B King redifines ugly.

A Transformer on 2 wheels. :crazy:

notworthy
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
The B King redifines ugly.

A Transformer on 2 wheels. :crazy:

haha thats very true it has some huge odd shaped fucking exhaust on it...anyone seen the new gsxr prototype with the one front forkleg/shock setup?

spoolinawd27
01-05-2008, 12:19 PM
:puke: yes and it is nasty.

BTM
01-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Send the pics like you would a text, but put the email address as the reciever.

notworthy
01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Send the pics like you would a text, but put the email address as the reciever.

yeah someone aldready explained it so ill get some photo's monday at work

TQ
01-08-2008, 06:52 PM
When you talk about the 08 lineup the only thing you should be taking about is that Busa.

notworthy
01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
When you talk about the 08 lineup the only thing you should be taking about is that Busa.

fuck the busa, independent studys already show that the zx-14 is faster in the 1/4 and thats all i give a shit about..sorry im taking so long for pictures this is the slow time of the year so ive been doing forklift repairs....nothing like being an all pourpose company bitch:crazy:

Hot Rod
01-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Both the ZX-14R and Busa are fast... in a straight line. Which if thats your thing for buying a bike like that you made a great choice. Especially if you start modding for speed. Best time slips I've seen for a stock 08 Busa is 9.3 @ 150mph, I read stock 1000RR (what I have) going mid-high 9s @ 14Xmph. Considering the trade off of sacrificing a few tents and a mph in the 1/4 for a bike you can rail on in the corner I'll stick with the 1 liter bikes.

notworthy
01-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Both the ZX-14R and Busa are fast... in a straight line. Which if thats your thing for buying a bike like that you made a great choice. Especially if you start modding for speed. Best time slips I've seen for a stock 08 Busa is 9.3 @ 150mph, I read stock 1000RR (what I have) going mid-high 9s @ 14Xmph. Considering the trade off of sacrificing a few tents and a mph in the 1/4 for a bike you can rail on in the corner I'll stick with the 1 liter bikes.

yamaha's r1 is the fastest 1000 in production right now in a straight line....more whp then the 07 prior busa and about 75 pounds lighter....if i was going to buy another bike it would be another r1 or a zx10...i like the kaws but yamaha has been my prefrence since i was a kid riding atv's

Hot Rod
01-09-2008, 01:29 AM
yamaha's r1 is the fastest 1000 in production right now in a straight line....more whp then the 07 prior busa and about 75 pounds lighter....if i was going to buy another bike it would be another r1 or a zx10...i like the kaws but yamaha has been my prefrence since i was a kid riding atv's
I wouldn't go that far to say the R1 is the fastest 1000 in production. 1000RR has about 10hp on the R1 and is the same weight (2lbs lighter actually). But last I checked GSRX1000 was the king at the dragstrip and even the road course. Think it won bike of the year twice in a row. I dunno about '08's cuz frankly I don't care for them.

My friend has an R1 and my 1k has balls more torquey than his, least feels that way. I contribute this to the gearing. If I remember right the R1 is geared to hell and back. 110 I think in first. Don't think my 1k does that, prolly around 80-90mph I think, not sure, I never topped it out since I can't rail on it in first without the front end standing up. I don't have that problem on my friends R1.

But in either case with all the 1000's considered the difference is a tenth or so. Minimalistic difference. You don't buy one to drag race. If you do, buy the Busa or ZX14... Difference being you can launch them harder without standing the front end up. Which reminds me, the F4i was faster in the 1/4 than the 600RR. This is due to the suspension on the 600RR and it would just wheelie off the line compared to the F4i. Get em both at a 20mph roll and hit it and the RR would decimate it.

95stang
01-10-2008, 11:47 PM
its not worth buying a sportbike if youre not going to thrash some corners... why limit yourself to the same old (ok its fast but still) quarter mile. ive been all over the east coast and gulf with mine... the Gap included and it would have been a waste on anything bigger than a liter bike. ive had an R6, R1, ZX6-RR, and i now ride a gsxr600. i like the 600 class the most but if i did ever get another liter.. either R1 or CBR. i didnt like my Kaw at all really.. sexy bike but no refinement and was choppy compared to the others. and theres my 2cents!!! ride them how theyre supposed to be riden!!
proud sporter of no chicken strips..... Deals Gap '07
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/bootsar/dealsgap005.jpg

Hot Rod
01-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Screw deal's gap and no chicken stripes. Get to the track and start blistering and turning them blue.

95stang
01-11-2008, 10:42 PM
be for real.. deals gap is no fukn joke. ive never had a chance to do a track day although it would be fun as hell im sure.

...screw no chicken strips??? have you seen 95% of the riders in Cincy??? hahaha

Hot Rod
01-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm just fucking with ya, but do a track day. It's epic.

Knox
01-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Screw deal's gap and no chicken stripes. Get to the track and start blistering and turning them blue.

x2...

honestly you know nothing til you've done this.... well, owning a bike helps too... lol

notworthy
01-12-2008, 01:17 AM
heres one pic of a group of built units then a pic of the 08 gsx650 f on its crate and one of the dash pulled out to install the windshield...its a pain in the ass design

notworthy
01-12-2008, 01:20 AM
to stupid to add them to one post

notworthy
01-12-2008, 01:22 AM
dash torn out.....

TQ
01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Half of you all have no idea what you are talking about. the r1 being the fastest bike? for one, its not even close to being the fastest and second your clutch will go out before you catch a gsxr. most people who buy r1's have to swap the clutch out for a gsxrs. Theres a reason you don't see r1's at the drag strip.

Hot Rod
01-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Half of you all have no idea what you are talking about. the r1 being the fastest bike? for one, its not even close to being the fastest and second your clutch will go out before you catch a gsxr. most people who buy r1's have to swap the clutch out for a gsxrs. Theres a reason you don't see r1's at the drag strip.
Uh for someone who deems themselves fit to say people don't know what they're talking about you're pretty far off base there.

All the liter bikes are within a couple tenths of each other. I don't think anyone was saying an R1 can outrun a 1300 or 1400. And for every story "well you have to change the clutch in the R1" you hear the same damn thing about the other brands. I could tell you horror stories about gixxers but the reality is theres problems with any manufacturer's bike and they're few and far between. Lemme just say you're the first person I've known to mention an R1's clutch as being deficient.

Arguing about a bike's straight line performance is fucking stupid anyhow. The bikes were never designed to be like that. Except for maybe the busa and 14R. I'm not saying anyone specific and mean this in a very general way, but putting a bike's straight line performance on a pedestal usually means someone can't handle the other 90% of what the bikes been designed for. If straight line is all that matters, go get a busa and call it a day. Arguing which 600 or which 1000 is the fastest in its class is pointless.

notworthy
01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
buy a zx-14 and call it a day....8's with just an exhaust and chip!

TQ
01-13-2008, 04:03 PM
This is useless because you all know nothing about drag bikes. All I'm saying is, for 08's the Busa is the new hotness. Thats what the original topic of this thread was, the 08s.

Hot Rod
01-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm beginning to think you don't anything about common sense. I don't recall anyone arguing against the busa as being fast.

notworthy
01-13-2008, 05:22 PM
This is useless because you all know nothing about drag bikes. All I'm saying is, for 08's the Busa is the new hotness. Thats what the original topic of this thread was, the 08s.

the suzuki rep at work tryed to sell it off to be faster then the zx-14 and shortly after its release independent test had already shown that the zx-14 is still a faster production bike

Hot Rod
01-13-2008, 05:26 PM
the suzuki rep at work tryed to sell it off to be faster then the zx-14 and shortly after its release independent test had already shown that the zx-14 is still a faster production bike
Gonna need to post links to the tests and stuff otherwise people will just regard it as hearsay.

notworthy
01-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Gonna need to post links to the tests and stuff otherwise people will just regard it as hearsay.

i will do, ill get the links from my boss at work tomorrow......:banghead: im to lazy to look them back up myself

TQ
01-13-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm beginning to think you don't anything about common sense.

I like that.

95stang
01-14-2008, 11:09 PM
well if you guys get a track day scheduled let me know id like to give it hell!

spoolinawd27
01-24-2008, 10:10 PM

that is the dumbest shit I have ever heard swaping clutches we beat the shit out of our clutches and have never had to replace one and one bike has 30k on the clock(we run yammys) but my buddys gsxr (07) has had 3 ,any way the r1 is made for road racing thus the short wheel base:mad2: the zx14,busa are called open class bikes and are drag orented(sp?). I can tell that you are a prime rider knowing how to ride in a straight line that must take much skill:lol:

buy the way I have seen a stock 600 out dig a 1000 zuk and out run it. It is all rider skill which I doubt you have. Untill you can roll rubber off the edge of the tire you need to not talk:conehead:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd269/lilshack83/Picture079.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd269/lilshack83/Picture044.jpg

spoolinawd27
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Uh for someone who deems themselves fit to say people don't know what they're talking about you're pretty far off base there.

All the liter bikes are within a couple tenths of each other. I don't think anyone was saying an R1 can outrun a 1300 or 1400. And for every story "well you have to change the clutch in the R1" you hear the same damn thing about the other brands. I could tell you horror stories about gixxers but the reality is theres problems with any manufacturer's bike and they're few and far between. Lemme just say you're the first person I've known to mention an R1's clutch as being deficient.

Arguing about a bike's straight line performance is fucking stupid anyhow. The bikes were never designed to be like that. Except for maybe the busa and 14R. I'm not saying anyone specific and mean this in a very general way, but putting a bike's straight line performance on a pedestal usually means someone can't handle the other 90% of what the bikes been designed for. If straight line is all that matters, go get a busa and call it a day. Arguing which 600 or which 1000 is the fastest in its class is pointless.

preach on man ^+10000000000

TQ
01-27-2008, 05:19 PM
that is the dumbest shit I have ever heard swaping clutches we beat the shit out of our clutches and have never had to replace one and one bike has 30k on the clock(we run yammys) but my buddys gsxr (07) has had 3 ,any way the r1 is made for road racing thus the short wheel base:mad2: the zx14,busa are called open class bikes and are drag orented(sp?). I can tell that you are a prime rider knowing how to ride in a straight line that must take much skill:lol:

buy the way I have seen a stock 600 out dig a 1000 zuk and out run it. It is all rider skill which I doubt you have. Untill you can roll rubber off the edge of the tire you need to not talk:conehead:

Grats on showing that you can lean a bike, so can I. I've rode track days before and had a blast. I just prefer the drag strip more. Its all about how you want to ride your bike. Just because you see more busas and 14s at the strip doesn't mean you can't make a liter bike a drag machine.

The statement I made about R1 clutches is a fact. They suck ass. I'm really proud of you for having the same clutch in your bike after 30k miles. Thats alot of neighborhood miles lol.

Hot Rod
01-27-2008, 07:19 PM
The statement I made about R1 clutches is a fact. They suck ass. I'm really proud of you for having the same clutch in your bike after 30k miles. Thats alot of neighborhood miles lol.
It's not a fact. You really are the first and only person I've ever heard that from. I dunno why you keep pressuring the issue with yamaha or any manufacturer. They all build great machines. You have not proven otherwise other than just your ignorant blind bias. The more you keep trying to act like you know it all the more exposed your ignorance becomes.

spoolinawd27
01-27-2008, 08:37 PM
[/QUOTE] Thats alot of neighborhood miles lol.[/QUOTE]

yea you got me:rolleyes5:

spoolinawd27
01-27-2008, 08:47 PM

there is a reason thay call gsxr's squid bikes to...do you go to the srip with your sandles,shorts and cut off shirt

You have showed us nothing to back up the r1 clutches or your know how with bikes at all and this quote below proves it you sound like a kid that just got his license:

"and second your clutch will go out before you catch a gsxr."

nice one tool.:rolleyes:

Mannon
01-27-2008, 08:51 PM
It's not a fact. You really are the first and only person I've ever heard that from. I dunno why you keep pressuring the issue with yamaha or any manufacturer. They all build great machines. You have not proven otherwise other than just your ignorant blind bias. The more you keep trying to act like you know it all the more exposed your ignorance becomes.

x2.

TQ
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
there is a reason thay call gsxr's squid bikes to...do you go to the srip with your sandles,shorts and cut off shirt

You have showed us nothing to back up the r1 clutches or your know how with bikes at all and this quote below proves it you sound like a kid that just got his license:

"and second your clutch will go out before you catch a gsxr."

nice one tool.:rolleyes:

http://psychobike.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=6;t=44051;hl=r1+clutch

spoolinawd27
01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
^ they have a fourm for people that dont know how to ride :frown2:

If you would ride the bike like it was designed to do I bet you would not have those problems. still..

R/T
01-30-2008, 11:19 PM
And I guess he knows that Hyabusas need clutch work before they run right... :skep: