Walboro HP in-tank fuel pumps [Archive] - Cincy Street Scene

: Walboro HP in-tank fuel pumps

brett
06-19-2005, 11:27 PM
for a honda...anyone heard anything about these pumps? i have heard that the HP models will flow almost twice as much fuel (at the same psi) as the standard pump. was just seeing what all you heard or what not...but the main reason for this is i think i would like to get some type of higher output pump say 300lph or so...i dont know. if this walboro seems to hold up as a nice product i will most likely go with that. thanks ahead of time

brett

Mista Bone
06-20-2005, 02:36 AM
Walbro or nothing, very simple.

But the HP models are not needed unless you are running a FMU or dry nitrous kit.

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/ is where I've bought both of mine, I think they have flow charts of the varouis pumps there also.

But why do you need a higher flow pump?????? Mustangs will run into the 9's on a 190 lph pump, a 255 HP should be all you need.

olsaltybastard
06-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Quick lesson on pumps in general:

Pumps create a flow of fluid. Pressure is created by the resistance to flow. When looking at pumps, look at the flow rating, rather than the pressure. Given, the flow rating (usually gph or lph) is given at a set pressure (psi or bar). A pump flowing 255 lph at 50 psi isn't working nearly as hard as a pump flowing 255 lph @ 3000 psi. The same amount of fluid (in your case, fuel) goes where it needs to go. All you are doing is generating a lot more heat.

Hope that helps.