del sol conversion [Archive] - Cincy Street Scene

: del sol conversion

94delsol
09-19-2004, 11:41 AM
i need sum help with an EK civic (96-00) front end conversion on my 94 delsol....do i just need front top radiator support,hood latch, front bumper retainer, fenders, hood, headlights, and front bumper?

1fast5gen
09-21-2004, 10:55 AM
i need sum help with an EK civic (96-00) front end conversion on my 94 delsol....do i just need front top radiator support,hood latch, front bumper retainer, fenders, hood, headlights, and front bumper?

yes... if you can find the whole radiator support get that.. let me know if you do this and what ur gonna do with ur del sol stuff..

94delsol
09-22-2004, 04:01 AM
the only thing that i need help on is where to cut my fender and weld on the civic fender at

1fast5gen
09-22-2004, 07:46 AM
the only thing that i need help on is where to cut my fender and weld on the civic fender at

well, you would have to cut it up by the door. the del sol fender on top by the door and the hood curves in a lot. the civic one does not. but you have to keep thefender of the del sol the same where it meets up with the a pillar. and also where it meets by the door.

94delsol
10-08-2004, 05:43 AM
ok here is what i got for my conversion so far....99-00 radiator support, 99-00 fenders....still waiting on my seibon CF hood, CTR headlights, and radiator, and front bumper. so where do i cut the fender at then? and i cut it vertically right? im not that retarted i just wanna do it the right way

1fast5gen
10-08-2004, 06:14 AM
ok here is what i got for my conversion so far....99-00 radiator support, 99-00 fenders....still waiting on my seibon CF hood, CTR headlights, and radiator, and front bumper. so where do i cut the fender at then? and i cut it vertically right? im not that retarted i just wanna do it the right way

yes you cut it vertically..you will have to cut the fenders up by the door. where the a pillar comes down and meets the fender, the fender has to be from the del sol so it matches up. and where it meets up to the door it has to be from the sol. everything else will be the civic. there is a body line on the 99-00 civics which the del sol doesnt have.. you can either mold that into the sol fender or depending on where you cut it, it might not be noticeable.. are you doing this yourself or having a shop do it? just look at it and figure out where the best spot is to cut.

94delsol
10-08-2004, 06:35 AM
my dad will be doing it and he has been a body shop manager for 25+ years now...i just want to give him a heads up on where to cut and stuff....so basically like this? although this is a integra fender not a EK civic fender

http://www.infonuke.com/albums/album23/uhoh.sized.jpg

1fast5gen
10-11-2004, 11:04 AM
i wouldnt do it like that.. the wheelwell(sp?) might curve different from the del sol than from the civic. cut behind the wheel well maybe like an inch or two away. cut sol fender in same place. weld together. mold them. done. the wheel well i think would be the hardest place to cut because it might not match up. you can either cut in front of it or behind it. in your case i would do the back to keep the body line in the civic fender. where do you live at maybe we can meet up and ill show you mine or somethin..

94delsol
10-12-2004, 11:46 AM
i live in blue ash... i dont think i can cut in front of the wheel well cuz part of the fender is smashed from the inpack

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/641000-641999/641865_10_full.jpg

ForceFed
01-26-2005, 08:19 PM
i live in blue ash... i dont think i can cut in front of the wheel well cuz part of the fender is smashed from the inpack

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/641000-641999/641865_10_full.jpg
Man i really like sols!
I want to get another......I still think I had one of the nicest around here EvAR! Tri-State area....though the Brother sister combo from Indy are some kick ass sols!
Matt