JPC 2011 Mustang, 10.96 @126 after 2nd day - Page 2 - Cincy Street Scene
Forum Garage  

Remember Me?
Go Back   Cincy Street Scene > Automotive > Media Center

Old 05-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #21
SloRice
4G63 > LSX

SloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to beholdSloRice is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher View Post
I'd have to agree, looked like he bogged the hell out of it. No details on the 60 foot so hard to say. I'm sure they threw a bunch of bolt ons, spray, suspension, tires and gear at it and made some passes to try and say they're the first in the 10's.

I think with as popular as these cars are going to be, that's a pretty valuable claim to have for a speed shop and a smart move for JPC.
The "bog" right as he's passing the tree is the shift to 2nd gear, not a bog.
SloRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 05:02 PM   #22
4DooR_SuprA
Fancy Lancer

4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice4DooR_SuprA is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
ever heard of a warranty? yea, some people like those...
yeah but in terms of modifying the car, fuck drive it around stock, you wont get anywhere near what that car in the vid does. Now if you want all that shit , then get a diff platform or dump a shit ton of money into the new car just to say you have it.
4DooR_SuprA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #23
whitedime
Burnoffs

whitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant futurewhitedime has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to whitedime
Not too mention they stomp that ass in the handling/braking department compared to Cobras/GT500's
whitedime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2010, 05:34 PM   #24
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sean
Some ppl also don't wanna put money into used or older cars
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #25
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
Didnt rfb and his magazine banter say these were cheaper than the camaros? Bc thats the same price
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #26
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue99fbody View Post
Didnt rfb and his magazine banter say these were cheaper than the camaros? Bc thats the same price
I don't ever recall arguing that they were cheaper and same price? Sorta, but with more features and amenities on the Ford's side. The Camaro has no nav system or Sync technology and it looks like a Tonka toy, not to mention the whole weight/handling/braking dilemma and shit.

Also, the Camaro pricing actually starts out a little higher than the Ford's too for both V6 and V8 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotjunk View Post
You're part of Middletown now, pal. Keep it up and your profit percentage from our newest meth lab will be revoked.
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #27
BES_Stroked_Nova
LSx>you

BES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really niceBES_Stroked_Nova is just really nice
camaro's junk. buy a mustang.
Camaro v6 Race Car
Sadturd gear banging daily family beater
BES_Stroked_Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #28
Roca Fella Bryan
You Mad?

Roca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to allRoca Fella Bryan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BES_Stroked_Nova View Post
Roca Fella Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #29
Tuned200
Small Boost.

Tuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really niceTuned200 is just really nice
LOL. I will reserve my judgement until I drive the 5.0 on which I like better vs the new SS.

2006 Subaru Forester XT 5 Speed
2007 Subaru Forester STI 6 Speed
2008 Suzuki Blvd.
Tuned200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #30
Blue99fbody
zip em up!

Blue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to beholdBlue99fbody is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Blue99fbody
nope my bad rfb it was andy that claimed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse View Post
Comparitively, yes it does. It accelerates faster, handles better, stops better, gets better gas mileage, and is cheaper, than a Camaro.

98 SS m6
99 Z28 nbm m6
09 Trailblazer SS
11 silverado ccsb 6.2
03 ZX-6R 636
01 ktm 300exc
32' baja twin 454s
www.dolce-vita-photography.com
Blue99fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #31
apocalypse
CSS Rep King

apocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant futureapocalypse has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue99fbody View Post
nope my bad rfb it was andy that claimed that.
GT starts at $29,645
1SS starts at $30,945

$29,645<$30,945

Subscribe to my YouTube faggots...
http://www.youtube.com/user/apocalypse7011?feature=mhum
apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #32
Sean
Wife's Car

Sean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to allSean is a name known to all
why are the lsx guys sooooo butt hurt over this. both are kick ass cars (some prefer the mustang some the camaro) good christ no fucking reason to lose sleep over it
Old 05-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #33
Sean
Wife's Car

Quote:
cry some fucking more, jesus christ...
what are you so worried about your car runs 10s
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #34
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
I called on the ole wise magna-doodle for the answer...

9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #35
IRONBULL
family guy

IRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enoughIRONBULL will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to IRONBULL
Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #36
DEL SLW
Obbie1

DEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of lightDEL SLW is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DEL SLW Send a message via Yahoo to DEL SLW
just so i'm understanding this correctly...

the new 5.0 engine is better than a 13yr old LSX engine?
DEL SLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #37
9cobra4
Some say...

9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all9cobra4 is a name known to all
The lsx tards made the argument..just sayin. Lol
9cobra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #38
Ackbar00
Admiral of the Smack Talk!

Ackbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the roughAckbar00 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

+ 1 rep!

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWagon
It only means that you'll be the last one standing when everyone else shakes their head in shame and walks away.
Quote:

Click here, to see the funniest thing on the internet.
Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #39
WhiteT
White Trash Mod

WhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to beholdWhiteT is a splendid one to behold
Fuck, you can hear that sticky track when it hits 3rd gear lol.

9.7@139.5 with the v6

Update: Turbo LSbandwagon build in process
WhiteT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #40
blundar
jackass of all trades

blundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the roughblundar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to blundar Send a message via AIM to blundar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
if youre contemplating spending that much on a mustang...buy a terminator or used gt500. if you want a 5.0, buy a high mileage terminator and drop an MMR short block in it. top it off with a twin screw or even a hellion kit. get it all done for under 25k. i just couldnt swallow spending that kind of $ on a mustang, especially a GT thats gonna lose a ton of value in a year.
For once, I think I'm genuinely qualified to speak on this subject. I'm going to have to politely disagree with you on your statement.

Terminators do not belong in the same sentence as GT500s or '11 GTs. I've been in, driven and tuned more of them than I have fingers and toes. The interior is cheap, plasticy and ugly. The IRS is of poor design. Bang for the buck they're not bad but it's a totally cheap and unrefined car (in every way except raw speed) compared to a GT500 or '11GT IMHO.

GT500... You can get one with less than 10K miles for less than 35K. Easy. Off the showroom floor they look decent and put mid 400s to the ground. Interior is vastly improved versus Terminators, wheels look better, engine responds better to mods, better suspension design, stiffer chassis, what's not to like?

2011 GTs are a totally new beast. The cylinder heads flow better than the GT500s (which flow better than the Terms...) AND they have a reliable variable cam mechanism (unlike the 05-10 3v GT) with 50+ degrees of cam rotation. AFAIK, no one has tried forced induction with the '11GT yet. I think the true potential of the car will not be seen until that happens. The last example of a cylinder head with this kind of technology was the Honda K20A2 - look what happened with FI with those motors!

Maybe it's just because I'm a tuner, but the 2011 is super exciting... And complicated. Hands down light years more complicated control-algorithm wise than anything Ford has ever done before. I'd buy one if I had 30 grand to spend on a new car in a heartbeat. Better motor design than anything Ford has done since the mod motor started IMHO.
Zerolift: http://www.zeroliftautolab.com 5138742508
RIP Modular Depot.
blundar is offline   Reply With Quote