Cincy Street Scene - View Single Post - LT1 Spark Plug Wire Routing?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
bestracing
Someone took my Swingline

bestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura aboutbestracing has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieBill View Post
I have NGK TR55 on it. I have been thinking about going with a taylor wrie set. Also another queston for you, but what do you think I should gap the plugs at? I have had the heads street ported and I got a little bit bigger Cam in the car. Nothing too crazy. Thanks for your help.
I'd go with .035" to .040" on the plugs. I've had great results with MSD wires on a Gen I motor as well as my brother with his gen I motor cars and his 93LT1.

Before making assumptions, first look at the wires and make sure you haven't burned through a spark plug boot. Second look at the wires and make sure there isn't any wear marks where they are laying across the Alt. bracket. Last start the car when it's dark outside and raise the hood and see if you can see if the wires are leaking.

Last could be an opti or ICM going bad. Have you spaced the ICM off the head yet? A good mod to do with any LT1 vehicle. Gets the electronics off the hot head.

1986 Trans Am - just for cruising and having fun
bestracing is offline   Reply With Quote